In a global economy, where producer and consumer rarely meet, it is next to impossible to make daily purchasing decisions that contribute to a safer, saner, healthier world.
At Zócalo, we introduce you to the producers and their practices. We want to supply you with the information you need to make the appropriate buying decisions for your family, the environment, and the communities that produce these products. By purchasing Zócalo products, you are helping to build self-sustaining communities by putting money back into the hands of those who nurture their place.
Our Purchasing Practices
- Purchase direct from farmer organizations and small producers that purchase direct from farmers.
- Provide high quality all-natural food products produced using environmentally sound practices.
- Pay producers a fair price to ensure fair wages to the farmers and workers.
- Give producers access to capital through advanced payments to purchase raw materials and build their businesses.
- Offer a direct link to U.S. consumers by providing distribution, marketing services, and consumer education.
- Encourage suppliers to transition to organic production and to become Fair Trade and Organic certified when applicable
Responsible trade promotes...